In case of an emergency, you should always call 911 first. However, if you call the Main Gate at (480) 635-5630, a patrol officer will be dispatched to your location and begin medical assistance until the Fire Department or Paramedics arrive. Our Security Staff is trained in CPR to one level below an EMT and can provide immediate care until the paramedics arrive.
Should an emergency situation occur within Desert Mountain, the Desert Mountain Community Office and/or security will activate The Desert Mountain Emergency Information System (DMEIS). Please call (480) 635-5656 and a recorded message will inform you about the emergency situation and provide evacuation details if necessary. This message is updated regularly as information is supplied to the staff. The message on DMEIS will be changed to reflect the status of the emergency situation. DMEIS can handle over 40 simultaneous incoming phone calls at a time.
Call DMEIS if any of the following situations occur:
- You see a fire on property or within close proximity (10 miles) of the community.
- You witness a natural or man-made disaster.
- Your utility service is disrupted.
- You are restricted to the community or within the community (i.e the main entryways are blocked; therefore, no one can get in or out).
- You need evacuation instructions.
Ready Set Go Brochure: Personal Wildfire Action Plan with Checklist from the Scottsdale Fire Department
Wildland and NAOS Brochure: Overviews of Natural Area Open Space Requirements and Creating Defensible Fire Space from the Scottsdale Fire Department